Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Today's Hike - Mt. Tom - Glendale, CA

Today's hike took me to Mt. Tom near my apartment in Glendale, CA. This trail goes by many names, Mt. Tom, Las Flores Motorway or the "Sunshine Trail". There were sweeping views of downtown Glendale, Griffith Park, Burbank, Cherry Canyon & downtown LA.



(Above - This sign greats you as you start the trail)
(Below - Downtown Glendale & smoggy Downtown LA in the background)



(Below - Mt. Bikers)



Scenic Pics from Mt. Tom trail















2 comments:

  1. Just saying hello from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello David: I am saying hello from Tulsa, Okla. I lived in Glendale from 1944-1960 when Glendale was an Anglo-Saxon American town. This was before the foreign invasion and the raping of the hills. As a boy, I hiked up Mt Thom many times. Maybe your settlement might call this Mtn...Mt Thomish ! I wanted to return your hello because most people either can't write or are too lazy to do so. Have a good day. Bob Fishback Tulsa, Okla fishbackrobert@gmail.com

      Delete